Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dolphins and windsurfing

Saturday morning was beautifully sunny and a gentle breeze so after the judges had been to look at my garden I decided to go windsurfing with Simon. I am very much a fair weather windsurfer and it was only my second time on the water this season. The wind was very variable so much of the time I could have done with a bigger sail but then I would have been overpowered in the gusts. At one point when I was going fairly fast on the far side of the harbour I looked down and saw a dolphin swimming next to me. What an amazing priviledge!

Now I didn't have my camera with me but I will post some photos Niki took of dolphins when we were on Saunder's Island. They were playing in the waves all morning while we were up on the cliffs watching the birds.


No comments: