Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An old croc

I am feeling rather frustrated at the moment. I had my wrist X rayed again this morning and it is now confirmed that I have a fracture at the base of my thumb - called a scaphoid fracture. So I have had to have it put back in plaster and it is to be reviewed again in 4 weeks. At least I was able to wash my hand before the new plaster was put on. It had got quite smelly and the plaster very grubby so I hate to think what it will be like in 4 weeks time!

It is particularly frustrating as I had hoped John would be able to give me lots of windsurfing lessons while he is here. Also since I have been doing everything with my right arm my shoulder that I injured in January has got quite sore again. On top of that my left knee which has had arthritis for many years has been particularly painful, although that may be a ligament problem.

Hence I feel an old croc with only 1 limb out of 4 working properly but I am sure we will have a great time during John's visit. We have booked to go to West Falkland by ferry for 5 days over new year and a trip to Saunders Island later in January. Meanwhile the list of jobs for him to do here is growing - including erecting my polytunnel and digging out and moving lots of rocks from the garden.

No comments: