Friday, February 20, 2009

On yer bike and get back to work

Sorry blogs have been a bit sparse of late. The plaster came off my arm 3 weeks ago and then I was wearing a splint for 2 weeks. I still wear it at times for things like gardening as my wrist is still a bit swollen and sore at times. So I can now type with 2 fingers instead of 1.

Our main computer has died so we are using a laptop. Fortunately John managed to put the photos onto a disc before he left 10 days ago but I don't know how to put new ones on.

I am now able to ride my bike again and am realising how unfit I am. The hills seem impossibly steep. I have also started swimming again and managed about 1.25km this morning before getting cramp.

I also started back at work a week ago and worked 34 hours between the Friday and Tuesday. I have 4 shifts booked for next week so am trying to catch up a bit with jobs at home before then.

We have had a couple of beautifully sunny, calm days when it has been really hot but the wind is now picking up and it is starting to drizzle. Simon will be pleased as he is hoping to go windsurfing after work. I would only be tempted if it was still warm and sunny.

No comments: