Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dolphins at Surf Bay

Today was very calm and the water in the harbour almost completely flat. I was working a late shift and decided I fancied a bit of a walk before going to work so drove down to Surf Bay. As soon as I parked the car I could see dolphins swimming close to the shore. Even here the water was very calm with only small waves breaking and the dolphins were just swimming slowly.
There were 5 or 6 Peale's dolphins which are the larger of the ones we see here and they were still there after I had walked along the beach and back. They are so graceful.
The black spots on the photos are a fault on the camera not an unusual sun. I was almost tempted to go for a swim with them but as I didn't have any swimmers with me and had to go to work soon I thought I had better not.

No comments: