Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Here we go!

Well, this is my first attempt at blogging so I am going to write a short one as a trial to see if it works. Simon set this up at the weekend and as it is raining this afternoon (so not out in the garden trying to dig a flower bed) I thought I would give it a go.
The trouble is where do I start?
For those of you who we have not been in touch with for some time I had better fill you in a bit. Earlier in the year Simon saw a job advertised with the Falkland Islands government which he applied for and was successful. There then followed a few months of form filling, medicals, dental appointments, lots of decorating and getting our house up together ready to let (many thanks to John and Cara who did a lot of the work), sorting, packing and disposing of most of the contents of our house. I had injured my right shoulder in a fall skiing in January and had surgery in June so was quite incapacitated for much of the time.
With frantic last minute packing, much left undone and some emotional goodbyes we flew from Brize Norton on the military flight on Sept 4th. With a stop of a couple of hours in Ascension Island we arrived here the next afternoon.

No comments: