Tuesday, May 19, 2009

camera problems

Well actually the problems are with the operator not the camera! Firstly I thought I had moved some photos from one file on the computer to another but sadly I seem to have managed to cut them but not paste them and they have disappeared. Then when we went to Port Louis with the ramblers the Sunday before last I forgot to charge the battery so found the camera was dead when we got there, so no pictures. This Sunday afternoon we went for a walk up Mount Harriet and I was happily snapping away but thought something was not as usual. I tried to ask Simon about it but it was so windy that he couldn't hear me. It was only towards the end of our walk I found the camera was set to video and we had some very strange footage! I did manage to get a few photos before we came down though.

I have been very busy at work as the ward is quite short staffed at the moment. I did nearly 40 hours last week and have 4 shifts this week - hence little time for blogging or correspondence.
Simon enjoyed several hours windsurfing on Saturday, made more fun by the fact that our neighbour was out in his dinghy so he had someone to race around. It was a relatively mild and sunny day and I might have been tempted to go too but was waiting for a farmer to deliver 2 lambs, some diced and minced beef and some beef joints to go in the freezer. We had a shoulder of lamb for dinner last night and it was delicious. Unfortunately the freezer which we bought second hand a few weeks ago and which has been running very cold now seems to be struggling to freeze the meat.

After coming in from windsurfing Simon helped me finish putting up a fence to enclose my extended vegetable plot which I am gradually digging. I still need to make a gate and I suspect a second rockery is going to be required soon.

Just to prove to myself, if not to anyone else,that I can do this photo thing here are a couple of pictures of the sky yesterday evening, taken from just outside our front door.

The Falklands have some stunning sunrises and sunsets but we don't see much of them from our house.

No comments: